Welcome to the second segment of Travel Tuesday.
This week we are going to be traveling around the Cowichan valley, Pacific Rim, and Central Island!
Let’s jump right into it!!!
First up Cowichan Valley.
The valley is quite large so I am only going to be focusing on the main towns! This does not mean the other towns aren’t as fun and cute (I highly suggest checking them all out!)
To keep this a shorter and easier to follow post I will be clumping two or three towns together 🙂
Duncan and Lake Cowichan
Duncan and lake cowichan are the two largest towns in the valley and probably the most well known! Let’s talk food!!!
• Lees chicken – yes it is a fast food restaurant and I didn’t want to talk fast food but this place has the best chicken you will ever have – BONUS – every meal comes with a dinner roll – WHAT! (Duncan)
• Dog House – it is a cute family restaurant with great food right off the highway as you come into Duncan.
• Shaker Mill Restaurant – a very nice place to go for date night or a romantic evening. – the best alcoholic shakes I have had in awhile 😉
• Cow Cafe & cookhouse – a great place to go with the family and have a good night out
Next I am going to talk about attractions and campsites in Duncan and Lake Cowichan
• Lakeview Park campsite
• Gordon Bay Provincial Park
• Cowichan River Provincial Park
I love all if these places they are beautiful.
My favourite is Lakeview park campsite, it has a beautiful clean lake, the sites are far enough apart you can have privacy,large sites, and the facilities have huge clean showers and lots of stalls.
Next up we are going to talk about the Pacific Rim which includes Tofino and Ucluelet
The best places to eat:
• Sobo – it is a great seafood restaurant (Tofino)
• Tacofino – exactly what it sounds like and it is amazing (Tofino)
• Norwood (Ucluelet)
• Floathouse – probably my favourite place on the island all together (ucluelet)
Let’s talk camping real quick!!!
• Bella Pacifica campground in Tofino is great and very family friendly. Seriously a gorgeous place to wake up
• Surf Junction Campground in Ucluelet it a fun down to earth place.
Last but not least we are going to talk about Nanaimo, Parksville and Qualicum Beach
• firehouse grill – this used to be a firehouse (hence the name) and now it is famous for its amazing food and down to earth atmosphere (Nanaimo)
• Little Mountain Cafe – cute little cafe with great food and delicious coffee ( Parksville)
• Bistro 694 – yum I can’t wait to go back —maybe this summer. (Qualicum Beach)
And finally on to camping!!!!
• Zuiderzee campsite – it has been my favourite since I was younger. My Nana and papa always took me and my friend Ashley there. We would catch snakes and go swimming for hours. It has an amazing lake and gorgeous stars at night. (Nanaimo)
• Parksands beach resort – a great family beach campsite love. (Parksville)
• Brennan Lake – beautiful, I haven’t been there in a long time but I do love it there.
And for a bonus I also recommend checking out Coombs Country Market, its a great place to find anything for a souvenir. It has a cute family restaurant and the best pepperoni on the island. It also has goats on the roof!
Hope you enjoyed this weeks Travel Tuesday.
(Sorry it is late!)
Talk to you all on social Saturday xox